Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hello Hobbies: Granny Square Style

After finishing my future nephews blanket I decided that my own child needs a handmade blanket. I had been seeing granny squares everywhere and thought about just making a bunch of random squares then eventually putting them together.

So off to youtube and my favorite crocheter Bobwilson123 I learned the granny square! It was right up my ally not having to always count too much and she also showed us that you could continue the square as long as you like in order to make it bigger.

Ahh happy times.

The blanket started out as a purple square that grew to blue. Princess has an obsession with Frozen so I had to add Elsa blue :-)

Then I got into it and added this extra yarn I had  laying around that was purple, blue and pink. After that one row I went back to alternating blue and purple.

This is what I have done so far. I will continue to grow it with purple for the rest.  If she was a baby this would be a perfect size. What do you think??? Not bad for firs time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment