Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Re-Decorating: The Living Room



 I am the type of person who does not like white walls. Well I am okay with them but I cannot live in a house with nothing but white walls. It's like living in a rental to me where I am not allowed to do anything.  Don't get me wrong some people can decorate with white walls and make the room look awesome. I am not one of those people. I am just an amateur.

So our living room has been bothering me for the last several years. It's an open concept so there are really only 2 walls to paint. Today we finally did it! A little bit of paint, some new curtains, and new picture arrangements and voila! A living room where I feel at home in. I like our furniture plus it's too expensive to replace them all so they all stayed.


  1. We used Olympic One interior semi-gloss paint with low voc. Let me tell you this stuff is the bomb! You could not smell anything!!! I even let little princess help paint.  
  2. We chose the color dolphin's cove. It is a light blue with a little green in it. It's very calming and looks  great in all the different light.
  3. A little bit of the finished project and you can see where we left it white. (that runs down a hallway)
  4. The other wall we painted. I bought silk looking curtains from JCPenney the Royal Velvet Britton curtain panels in Sandshell. They were on sale plus I had a coupon so $30 for both! :-)

I really loved how it all turned out. I may add some more pictures to some walls but that's about it.

The color scheme was inspired by a Pinterest pin Beach Decor Color Palette

No comments:

Post a Comment