Saturday, September 20, 2014

Friendship Defined by a First Grader


 

Today we invited one of her friends to come over tomorrow and play. While this was being set up she informed me that she knows what friendship is.

So I asked what is friendship?

O: Well (insert friends name here) told me all about it.
Me: And what did she say?

O: That friendship is being kind to each other, it's helping out a friend if they need it like when they fall, friendship is being nice and helping each other.

Me: :-)  That's great! What do you think of what your friend told you?
O: That's what it is Mom so that makes her my best friend even though we're not in the same class this year.  We have friendship like that.

My heart filled with this and I looked over at my husband who was smiling. After she walked away we discussed how wonderful it was for her to have such a great friend.

It seems now a days those basic principles on friendship are no longer followed.  I hope they continue to grow their friendship and support each other the next few years with everything that's waiting for them as they grow.

I just can't stop smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment