Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hello Hobbies: Shadow Box Gift

I wanted to share with you a project I did for my brother and his wife. They got married almost 2 years ago in NYC and had a very unique wedding. Most of their decorations were handmade by someone or created by them. The theme and design were created by them, Away We Go! It was pretty darn cool.

I decided the day of the wedding after seeing all of their cool decor to create for them for Christmas that year a shadow box with their pieces.



It took some time for me to figure out how to attach things to the board as I have never done a shadow box before.  I folded out their brown bag as the backdrop for the box. 

Next I used some ribbon from their pinwheels to anchor the fortune teller. The fortune teller opened up with basically what was their program of events for the day.

The top left corner has a blue paper flower that was a cupcake topper.

The right corner I attached the place card holder cork that is holding the ticket for the Carousel we went on after the ceremony.

Lastly I placed our flowers in the left corner hand corner. What is neat about all of the flowers is that they are handmade PAPER flowers. Yes paper! They looked awesome.

I think this turned out pretty neat. I am no expert on directions on how to do this. It was a lot of trial an error. Basically what looked good to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment