Monday, May 19, 2014

Just Another Manic Monday



Manic Mondays seem to be the norm around here. So much to do and so little time. Today was no different. Started out normal then this afternoon picking up the princess from after school care I noticed she was out of sorts and actually wanted to leave with me (I know who knew Mom was more fun then going outside with friends). This was my first alert that something was not right.


Saturday my princess started complaining of a headache and nothing else. We gave her some children's Tylenol and all was right in the world. She ran around all weekend like she always does participating in her activities acting normal. Even this morning she was fine just the headache.


Well being the overprotective Mom that I am, I called her pediatricians office to speak with a nurse about these headaches (she's never had one before). At this time I had no idea she was not acting like her self since she was at school and I at work. We discussed maybe it's just allergies since she was acting fine and that to give her some over the counter children's allergy meds. Also to call back if something changes.


Then BAM it changed. When we got home sure enough she had a fever, wanted me to carry her everywhere and crashed on the couch. I call the peds back told them she has a fever and is complaining of a sore throat and painful ears. They of course said to take her to either the urgent care or ER since they were not open anymore for appointments. So off we went to the urgent care where they promptly looked in her ENT which apparently had lots of drainage. Her rx is to take it easy, get lots of fluids and give her Tylenol for the fever as it looked viral in nature.


My little princess was not happy she had to miss her last day of school year gymnastics class but said she would be okay because she starts back up again in a few weeks. Poor bugger.  :-( 


Tomorrow it will be Mommy and Princess time with lots of cuddles and fluids.


Mondays just never seem to go the way you hope. Do you find yourself dreading Mondays as much as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment