Thursday, May 22, 2014

Time With Your Child

Being a working Mom can make it hard to go to your child's school activity. Today I was lucky enough to be able to leave work today (and return) to attend a picnic lunch with the princess at her school.

It was a beautiful day out and we has lots of fun. Sitting there I realized I am not as involved in her school community as much as I would like to be. Many of the families knew each other especially the ones with older children.

Don't get me wrong we've had play dates and birthday parties but life gets in the way making it difficult to keep things up.

With the summer approaching I'm concerned  about trying to find better ways to stay in contact with her friends. Especially since  most times your child's friends parents aren't part of your tribe.

Some ideas I have:
Pen Pals (or email if old enough)
Pre-set reoccurring meet ups
Babysit for them and they return favor

Does anyone know of any other ways (fun, easy, creative etc) to keep her in touch with her friends?


MOM'S TAXI SERVICE 5.25 x 5.25 Flat Cards
(photo from cafepress.com)







4 comments:

  1. I would definitely try the babysitting/playdate swapping thing. Seems like that would mostly be a win-win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;d do they play dates, babysitting swaps and even parent/child get together's for a movie or cook out to get to know the parents of your child's friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of a cook out that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had ideas. My little one is still and infant, we we're in the "barely have left the house and seen another grown up in weeks" stage.
    Can you make an online facebook group for all her classmates parents to communicate? I know some schools have those and even parents who work can drop in and chat and catch up with things.

    ReplyDelete