Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Me Time

Let's face it we all need Me Time.  We may not want to take it since there are a million and one things to do like laundry, dishes, vacuuming, after school activities, dinner etc. Or you just don't want to give up that time with your child period.

Me time is very important. It helps you balance yourself and life out.  Some of us take time outs when we are frustrated but me time is more then that. It's doing something you love for yourself, spending time with friends, going grocery shopping alone, anything that helps you separate yourself for a time in order to rejuvenate you.

We can't take care of our families if we don't take care of ourselves.  I found it was easier to take some me time as the princess got older. I felt more comfortable with all of the things she had going on leaving for a few hours.  Feeling like yourself again allows you to better control your emotions, patience and clear your mind for better decision making. It also allows you to slow down and step back from the chaos.

One of the things I love to do is read. Reading is a way to transport myself for a period of time somewhere else and embrace the characters and their plights with in.  I admit I prefer romance's and happy endings.


I have a few favorite books. I stumbled upon a great book when looking for free romance books for my nook. It is called The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn       By Sharon Gerlach.

It is a long read but I feel the story line develops at a natural pace and deals with some more serious issues. With out giving it away the book is about a girl named Sarah-Jane Quinn who does not quite fit into her family's world the way they like as well as how she starts a new job that leads to some relationship troubles among other real issues. This is a book I go back to from time to time as I fell in love with the characters.

Mind you I am not picky about writing styles, when I read I am not looking for the next big literary geniuses of our time. I just want to be entertained and sucked into their world.


Disclaimer: I was not asked in anyway to review or promote the above book. It's just one of my faves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment