Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Working Mom Survival Guide: As They Grow


The chapter I am at now talks about our kiddos as they grow.  I do not have a teenager so I did not spend too much time in that section. However there were some really great things they pointed out.

Encouraging Independence: Help them learn to do as much on their own as age appropriate. We allow Liv to dust as she loves it, she puts silverware away, and clean up her toys. Does she always do this? Heck no, but she knows how to.

Let kids pick out their own clothes:  I tell her the weather parameters and she is supposed to pick them out. We usually get an I don't know response. :sigh: One day.

Allow natural consequences: I have a hard time letting her do this. We are working on having her own up to what has happened to her when these happen. It's always the wall's fault or Jasmine tripped me. It's never her. We talk about owning up to our own actions and doing something about them.



What do you all do when it comes to letting go of the reigns?

No comments:

Post a Comment