Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Little Moments That Mean So Much



My daughter is a very strong, independent, opinionated Princess who amazes me each day. I love listening to her read! This is one thing that has happened in kindergarten that has made me so proud and excited to be able to start to share with her my love of reading.

We are reading Matilda by Roald Dahl at bedtime. It's one of our favorites. As time has gone on since we started it, she has been reading more of it to me and not wanting me to read it to her. This milestone amazes me and makes me realize she will soon not be wanting her Mom around reading her a bedtime story.

I love these little moments where we are cuddled up together enjoying our story world. I not so secretly also love when she falls asleep on me while we read.  I miss the days when she was a baby and would let me hold her and rock her to sleep.

Now that she is older these are getting fewer. I cherish each time this happens and try to be in the moment. They grow so fast and I have no idea where the has gone and how my baby is a little lady.

What are some of your favorite stories to read with your child?


No comments:

Post a Comment